I've been in an accident and I don't know what to do?
Being in an accident can be overwhelming and it’s difficult to know what’s the best thing to say or do.
- You should always stop when it is safe to do so. The main priority is to keep safe. If anyone is hurt call 999.
- If everyone involved is ok or being safely looked after, now is the time to note what has happened. The more information you can get the simpler your claim will be. Try to take down:
- The date, time and location.
- The name, contact details, registration and insurance of anyone else involved. Make note of any passengers in the other car.
- Details of any damage to your car and any other cars involved. If you can it is best to take photographs of the damage and the scene to speed up the claim and help with any liability decision.
- The name, address and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- The incident reference number and badge numbers of any police officers which may be involved.
- Even if you’re not sure you want to claim, you will still need to let us know. Don’t admit liability or make any arrangements with anyone involved until you have spoken to us about your options.
Give our claims team a call on 0333 043 2011. The team are here to help 24/7, 365 days a year.